Thursday, December 30, 2010

I have now more or less collected my writings on this topic, most from 2006, but I'm not sure I'm finished.

Leverett, T. (2006). Language as an emergent, self-organizing system, unfinished manuscript.

The question is really whether I should just save them as is (I did, after all, let them sit for four years, though they were marked "unfinished"; they were referenced by an Australian scholar, but I still have to find that reference), or, continue to upgrade and work on them. For the time being I am upgrading the bibliography but letting the others sit as is. I have removed their siuc-formatting but still have access to an originally formatted version of the essays.

The final one, "Principle Wanted" was interesting because it was not the only one I wrote by that name. This presented a problem which I have now resolved by renaming it "Principles Wanted". I'm not sure if it's kosher renaming something four years later but it was a year or two ago that I realized I'd named two things (about entirely different principles) with the same title, and I really don't know which came first (it is possible but difficult for me at this point to find out). That one is now here:

Leverett, T. (2006?) Principles Wanted. From
Language as an emergent, self-organizing system, unfinished manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment